There are several free services that can notify you when Web pages are updated. We've included a link to one of them, ChangeDetection, on each of our pages that lists orchids for sale. Here's how to use this service if you wish to do so.
- Go to any of our orchid lists that you want to monitor for updates:
- Copy that page's address (URL) from your browser's address bar.
For example, the Cattleya page address is
The easiest way to copy:
Highlight the entire address.
Hold down the Control key and press the letter C key
(on a Mac use the Apple key instead of the Control key).
Release both keys.
You'll need to paste this address in Step 6 below.
- On the right side of the orchid list page, locate the small window labeled:
"Email me when this page updates."
- Enter your email address in the "My email" box.
- Click the "OK" button.
- In the new window that opens, paste the address (URL) that you copied in Step 2 into the "Page Address" box. If you copied the address using Control+C, then put your cursor in this box, hold down the Control key and press the letter V key. Release both keys.
- Click the "Next" button.
- In the new page that opens, select your notification preferences.
- Create and enter a password in the box indicated.
Be sure to record this password. You can use the same password for each page you want to be notified about, and you will need it in order to change your notification preferences.
- Click the "Create" button.
- A new window will open and confirm that you are set up to monitor the page.
- Repeat these steps for each page you want to be notified about.